Resources for Players
Our MissionLouisville Soccer is a non-profit organization that fosters a love for the sport of soccer and develops athletes of all ages by facilitating physical and mental growth and by bringing each player to their peak individual potential in a team atmosphere. Louisville Soccer's diverse and highly qualified coaching staff welcomes players of all races, cultures, and economic backgrounds to one of Louisville's most dedicated athletic clubs. Louisville Soccer is about PLAYER DEVELOPMENT and we will do all we can to help anyone who wants to play the game we all love.
College Bound Player Resources
John and Sue Gompper Founders Scholarship
- Seniors in high school when the application is submitted. Those students who are currently enrolled in a PSEI (or the equivalent) as a senior in high school will not be excluded from consideration.
- Participation (as a player or referee) in a Kentucky Youth Soccer program during the applicant’s junior or senior year.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in a college prep curriculum.
- Demonstrate active service to his or her community and a strong desire to give back to the game of soccer.
- 1. Complete online application;
Submit the following items by mail to the Kentucky Youth Soccer Office or by email.
2. A high school transcript through the Fall 2022 semester;
3. No more than two letters of recommendation from the following: teacher, principal, coach, counselor, or community leader. A phone number and email address of the person(s) completing the letters of recommendation should be included in the letter(s).
4. Essay stating the impact soccer has made in your life (no more than 3 pages)
All materials submitted with the application will not be returned.
Deadline to Apply: April 19, 2023 at 11:59pm ET
Next College Student Athlete Named Official Recruiting Partner of US Youth Soccer
- Next College Student Athlete (NCSA), the world’s largest and most successful college athletic recruiting network, has been named the official recruiting partner of US Youth Soccer, the largest youth sport organization in America and the leader in youth soccer.
As the official college recruiting partner, NCSA will provide educational tools and resources to US Youth Soccer members with the goal of assisting families in navigating the college recruiting process. Athletes will have the option to receive a free NCSA profile when registering with US Youth Soccer and gain access to additional college recruiting resources, as well as NCSA’s robust network of college coaches.
Coaching/ Volunteer Opportunities
- If you would like to become a coach or volunteer for Louisville Soccer, please complete the Employment/Volunteer Form.
Health & Nutrition Info.
- US Youth Soccer Teams Up with Evolve1 to Launch Mental Wellness Platform for Youth Athletes
- Evolve1, an innovative sports platform for youth athletes, provides world-class youth mental training videos and lessons helping to build self-esteem and confidence in sports and in life. The revolutionary smartphone application provides daily mental conditioning training designed specifically for young athletes. Evolve 1’s curriculum is research-backed and informed by contributions from top sports psychologists and performance coaches. The Evolve1 multi-sport team app is available on iOS and Android platforms. Follow Evolve1 on social media via Instagram. To learn more about how Evolve can help teams, leagues or organizations, visit Evolve1.com.
- Coaching Healthy Habits
- Orthopedic & Sports Specialists of Louisville P.S.C.
- US Soccer Recognize to Recover – Nutrition Guide
- To perform like the best, you have to eat like the best. Share with friends, family, teammates, anybody who dreams of representing!
- US Youth Soccer Health and Safety Resource Center
- Great information on Player safety, Nutrition information, Injuries (Rest-Ice-Compression-Elevation) and Stretching/ Training
- Soccer Definitions & Helpful Info.
- Informative Articles/ Websites
- How to Cope with Disappointments in Sport
- Developing A Stable Level of Confidence
- What Difference Can Nutrition Make to Your Sports Performance?
- Balancing School & College Sports
- Between early morning workouts, classes, training, late-night studying and socializing, student athletes – whether playing varsity or extracurricular – have a lot to juggle. This guide offers tips and advice from two former D-I athletes on how to balance it all and stay on top of your game.
US Youth Soccer Resources
- Players' Bill of Rights
- Sign-up for US Youth Soccer Newsletters
- US Youth Soccer newsletters are directed toward a specific audience so you can choose the news you want! Here’s a look at the different types of news you may find: Ways to increase your coaching education, tournament news, sponsor coupons/contests, stories of past/present players and coaches, videos and more.
At Home Training
- Online Training Programs
- Techne Futbol
- Once you have registered with Louisville Soccer for the competitive season, you will receive an email invitation to join Techne Futbol. Please accept your invitation, you will be able to access the app and all of the training content for free!
- Techne Futbol
- Christian Pulisic on 60 Minutes
- Ted Talks - Leadership Principals
- How bad do you want it
- USWNT Dream
- No Regrets
- USWNT Greatness
- University of Louisville
- Bellarmine University
- Spalding University