About LSA Developmental
What to expect from Louisville Soccer
“Learn to have Fun with Soccer”
YOUTH UNDER 4, UNDER 6 & UNDER 8 DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM
- Our Youth Development Program is designed to introduce young players to fundamental skills and rules of the game. We strive to create an environment that encourages player creativity and success, as well as nurture player confidence and skill development. We believe that it is equally important for young soccer players to develop a love for the sport as it is to develop the skills of the game.
- Under 4 teams, for players 2-3 years of age, focus on player coordination and comfort with the ball through fun games and frequent ball touches. Along with basic dribbling skills, players will be introduced to the game.
- Under 6 teams, for players 4-5 years of age, focus on player coordination and comfort with the ball through fun games and frequent ball touches. Along with basic dribbling skills, players will be introduced to the game and taught to play in 3v3 and 4v4 scrimmages.
- Under 8 teams, for players 6-7 years of age, focus on more advanced fundamental training and rule understanding. Under 8 teams focus on parts of the foot used in dribbling, passing, and shooting. Players will also be introduced to dribbling maneuvers, field awareness, basic defensive techniques, corner kicks, goal kicks, and throw-ins. Players will have the opportunity to demonstrate these skills in 4v4 and 5v5 games.
UNDER 4 INFORMATION
|Semester||Duration||Number of Practices|
|Fall||Aug. - Oct., 5 weeks||Once a week for 1 hour|
|Winter||Nov. - Jan., 5 weeks||Once a week for 1 hour|
|Spring||Feb. - April, 5 weeks||Once a week for 1 hour|
|Summer||May - July, 5 weeks||Once a week for 1 hour|
UNDER 6 INFORMATION
|Semester||Duration||Number of Practices|
|Fall||Aug. - Oct., 7 weeks||Once a week for 1 hour and 15 minutes|
|Winter||Nov. - Jan., 6 weeks||Once a week for 1 hour|
|Spring||Feb. - April, 7 weeks||Once a week for 1 hour and 15 minutes|
|Summer||May - July, 6 weeks||Once a week for 1 hour and 15 minutes|
UNDER 8 INFORMATION
|Semester||Duration||Number of Practices||Game Information|
|Fall||Aug. - Oct., 7 weeks||Twice a week for 1 hour||Once a week for 1 hour and 15 minutes|
|Winter||Nov. - Jan., 6 weeks||Once a Week for 1 hour||Once a week for 1 hour|
|Spring||Feb. - April, 7 weeks||Twice a Week for 1 hour||Once a week for 1 hour and 15 minutes|
|Summer||May - July, 6 weeks||Twice a week for 1 hour||Once a week for 1 hour and 15 minutes|
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE
- Quality Coaching
- Team Jersey: Under 8 players will receive two new jersey’s in the fall semester of the seasonal year. (Under 4 & Under 6 players receive only one jersey) Only new players registered in subsequent semesters will receive new jersey’s after the Fall semester. Please be sure to keep your jersey’s safe from semester to semester. Uniforms are only issued once between August 1 and July 31 of the following year.
- Medals: All players will receive a medal at the end of the semester.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Size #3 Soccer Ball
- Cleats or Tennis Shoes
- Water Bottle
COACHES, MANAGERS & ASSISTANTS
The LSA and LSC Board of Directors, and its management team, have spent many years developing our player philosophies and programs. Our coaches are specifically selected, by the club, to manage the objectives established by the club. Each team will be assigned a coach, and will require several volunteers.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Louisville Soccer is a non-profit organization that fosters a love for the sport of soccer. We strive to develop athletes, of all ages, physically and mentally, in order to bring each player to their peak individual potential in a team atmosphere. Louisville Soccer’s diverse and highly qualified coaching staff welcomes players of all races, cultures, and economic backgrounds to one of Louisville’s most dedicated athletic clubs.
Missed tryouts? No problem!!! Individual tryouts can be scheduled by contacting your child's age group coach at any time during the season.
Fall Developmental Soccer Sign-ups
WHEN: Saturday, August 17th from 10:30am to 12:00pm
WHERE: Mike Eimers Training Facility, 3001 Stober Ave.
Under 4 (Players born in 2016 & 2017) $40 *Central Only*
Under 6 (Players born in 2014 & 2015) $50
Under 8 (Players born in 2012 & 2013) $90
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: ANY CHILD/ YOUNG ADULT WITH A DISABILITY
Disabilities might include: Autism, Down Syndrome, Muscular, Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, Sight or Hearing Impaired or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Monthly TOPSoccer Pick Up - Last Monday of Every Month from 6-7:15pm - $5 per player