What is TOPSoccer?
- TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community-based soccer program that is designed to meet the needs of children with physical and/or mental disabilities. Player participation and development are key elements of the program as players are placed on teams according to ability and NOT by age. TOPSoccer is designed to improve the overall fitness, self-esteem and social skills of your child.
Why Do We Need TOPSoccer?
- TOPSoccer was formed to perpetuate the US Youth Soccer mission statement which is, in part, “to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America’s youth through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition.” There are thousands of children with disabilities who need, and can be provided with, the opportunity to play soccer through the TOPSoccer program.
TOPSoccer has three major Goals:
- These athletes will have FUN. "FUN" is universal and all athletes should have FUN.
- These athletes will always feel good about themselves, improve self-esteem, fitness and social skills.
- The athletes will have the opportunity to develop a sense of belonging to a community and learn the value of being part of a team.
TOPSoccer 2019 Winter Clinic
The 2019 Winter TOPSoccer Clinic be held on Saturday, December 14th from 12:30-3:30pm at the Mike Eimers Training Facility located at 3001 Stober Ave, Louisville, KY 40213.
BRING YOUR FAVORITE ATHLETE OUT FOR A GREAT DAY OF SOCCER FUN!!
Please contact Gemma Dattilo at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up a participant or volunteer to be a buddy!